The Gilded ones by Namina Forna

 


Apart from the cover which I find absolutely fascinating, the Book was worth the hype. It drew me in to a world of fantasy and it was so nice to see it. A lovely fantasy set in  a place called Otera with diverse Characters. Deka the protagonist, was such a beautiful young girl and although she had a lot of traumatic experience, she  was able to rise up to her call. I absolutely love the plot.

Some parts of the story were predictable yet it was satisfying to watch them unfold. I mean, I was literally playing out the war scenes in my head. I really enjoyed the book and I like the fact that it emphasises the friendship bond and looking out for one another, the way Britta, Deka and the girls looked after one another.

And the end? wow, I never expected it. It's a 5 star rating for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sense of humour: nigerian national treasure

Ogadinma or everything will be alright by Ukamaka Olisakwe

Festivities: Childhood Nostalgia